The Assholes: A Cabaret

 

Assholes-Second-Run-v8-lo-res

 

April 01 – 17, 2016 at Factory Theatre’s Studio

8pm Evening Performances
2pm Sunday Matinees
Previews – $10  (April 1st & 2nd)
Evening Performances – $18.50
Sunday Matinees – $18.50 or Pay-What-You-Can at the door

 

Click Here to Book Your Tickets Online

Or call the Factory Theatre Box Office at 416-504-9971

 

ABOUT THE SHOW

The genesis of the project grew from our exploration of Bouffon: those outcasts who come to the theatre to denounce and expose the greedy hypocrites, the assholes, who control the world. We asked ourselves the questions: What is an asshole? Who are the assholes? Oxfam, the British anti-poverty organization, predicts that by the year 2016, the top 1% will control more wealth than the remaining 99%.

“The Assholes: A Cabaret” mocks the hypocrites who are the cause of Oxfam’s prediction. The show challenges the status quo and the lack of conscience in our world.

THE ASSHOLES: A CABARET

a Theatre Smith-Gilmour Production

Written by Michele Smith, Dean Gilmour, Nina Gilmour, Danya Buonastella, Marissa Zinni

Directed by Michele Smith*

Starring Danya Buonastella, Nina Gilmour, Dean Gilmour*, Marissa Zinni

Set And Costume Design by Michelle Tracey
Lighting Design by Andre Du Toit
Assistant Set and Costume Design by Amanda Wong

Stage Management by Alexandra Baczynskyj

* Appears Courtesy Of Canadian Actors’ Equity

THANKS

Theatre Smith-Gilmour thanks the following funders for their continued support:

3_COUNCILS

Michael B. Decter Foundation at the Toronto Community Foundation